Call for Submissions – Accessibility and Disability Inclusion Update 2019-2020!
The Equity and Inclusion Office and the McMaster Accessibility Council invite you to submit a 150 word description of new or ongoing accessibility and disability inclusion work (volunteer, professional or scholarly), either personally or as part of your unit, to this year’s Accessibility and Disability Inclusion Update 2019-2020.
Recognizing that 2020 has presented unprecedented challenges, impacting individuals and communities in many different ways, we have delayed and streamlined our application process this year for submissions and publication of the Accessibility and Disability Inclusion Update 2019-2020. Please find revised timelines for submission and publication detailed below:
- Call Out and Submission Period:
- October 2nd – End of day (5pm) November 13th, 2020
- Publishing and Circulation of the Accessibility and Disability Inclusion Update Newsletter:
- December 3rd (International Day of Persons with Disabilities)
- Publishing and Circulation of the full digital version of the Accessibility and Disability Inclusion Update:
- End of January – beginning February, 2021
You may submit more than 1 submission / person and unit; if your submission exceeds 150 words, please consider breaking into multiple submissions.
Some additional information to consider in making simple your submission:
- If quicker / easier, please feel free to submit in bullet-point form
- Include links to photos and/or stories that connect the audience to a larger description of your work / efforts
Included in this post is:
Thanks to you all for your continued hard work and dedication to accessibility and inclusion!