The Employee Accessibility Network (EAN) was formed in response to provincial accessibility legislation. Meetings are hosted monthly by the Equity and Inclusion Office on McMaster’s main campus (with a phone-in option).
Who can attend?
- McMaster employees (e.g., TAs, RAs, student employees, etc.)
- Individuals who identify with disability-related issues (e.g., experience disability, disablement, chronic illness, and/or a health, mental health or addiction concern)
- Those who want to learn more about workplace accessibility and accommodations
- Those who are interested in meeting confidentially with other employees with disabilities to share information and offer suggestions for enhancing accessibility at McMaster
What do we do?
Most meetings include a mix of peer support, consultation, and strategizing related to:
- workplace accommodations
- employment equity
- career advancement
- accessibility in the workplace (e.g., work schedules, parking)
- negotiating disability/disclosure at work
- policy-related discussions
- other topics introduced by members!
Get in touch (confidentially)!
Accessibility Program Manager
Equity and Inclusion Office: email@example.com