Disability DIScussions: Disabled Student Rights and Self-Advocacy
Dec 3, 2019
1280 Main St. W., Hamilton, Canada
12:30PM to 2:30PM
Date(s) - 03/12/2019
12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Categories No Categories
Please join the Equity and Inclusion Office in partnership with Student Self Advocacy researcher, Emunah Woolf, the MacPherson Institute and MSU Maccess for a special Disability DIScussion about Disabled Student Rights and Self-Advocacy!
Structure of Event:
12:30pm-1:30pm: A presentation at the beginning of the session for those who would like to learn more about the rights of students with disabilities. All Welcome!
1:30pm-2:30pm: A closed session for McMaster students who identify as disabled/ experiencing accessibility barriers at the University / have SAS accommodations and would like to debrief the presentation and discuss self-advocacy for entitled rights.
– ASL Interpretation will be provided for both parts of the event
– Pizza will have Halal, vegetarian and vegan options (Please email Kate if you have a dietary requirement at firstname.lastname@example.org)
– The venue is mobility device accessible, and able to be reached via elevator 3 on floor 5R of Mills Library
– We encourage participants to limit their use of scent, in accordance with McMaster’s Scent Awareness Guidelines
– For all other accommodation needs, email Kate: email@example.com
For more information, visit our event page on Facebook: bit.ly/35ufYbI
Hope to see you all there!