Forward with FLEXibility: A Teaching and Learning Resource on Accessibility and Inclusion
(FLEX: Focus on Learning and Eliminating eXclusion)
*Please note that FLEX Forward Accessible Education training is strongly encouraged for all instructional staff at McMaster University*
Steps for reviewing the resource:
- Log-in to Mosaic
- Click the “Regulatory Training” tab
- Click on “Search by Course Name” > Search for “AODATL: Accessible Education”
- Click on > “View Available Sessions”
- Click “0001” [under Session label]
- Click “Continue” > “Submit”
- Wait 24 hours for the course to be added to Avenue to Learn.
- Login to Avenue to Learn and search your Avenue to Learn courses by typing “AODA” in the search bar on the first page. Click to enter the course shell “Accessible Education”.
- Access the FLEX Forward e-book > Read the entire resource before completing the quiz
- Complete a quiz in Avenue to Learn [“Assessments” > “Quizzes”] to demonstrate an understanding of Accessible Education principles. You will need 20/23 or 87% to pass the quiz.
- Wait 24 hours for quiz results to appear in your Mosaic training summary.
This resources includes:
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Understandings of Disability
- Module 3: Principles for Accessible Education
- Module 4: Course Design
- Module 5: Student Engagement
- Module 6: Assessment & Evaluation
- Module 7: Conclusion
In addition to:
- Context, Principles & Application
- Examples of common accessibility barriers in teaching and learning
- Specific recommendations for what to do and how to approach various teaching and learning situations
- Ideas from students, colleagues, and the scholarly literature
Questions, Comments, Feedback
To contact the FLEX Forward project staff, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing what you think!
The FLEX Forward resource is supported the Paul R. MacPherson Institute for Leadership, Innovation and Excellence in Teaching and Learning, with support from the McMaster Accessibility Council (MAC) and the Equity and Inclusion Office.