What do we do?
We form deliberate and strategic partnerships with faculty, staff and students in order to create and maintain a culture of accessibility and inclusion on campus.
- Ensuring that the University is meeting its compliance obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- Advising and working collaboratively to create accessible and inclusive programs, services, classrooms and workplaces.
- Providing workshops and training opportunities on accessibility, the duty to accommodate, McMaster University’s Accessibility Policy and the AODA.
- Communicating to the McMaster community about the various roles and responsibilities we individually and collectively must carry out to meet and go beyond AODA compliance requirements.
- Managing the central McMaster Accessibility Hub website.
Contact us when you:
- Are looking for information on accessibility-related promising practices.
- Have questions about the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- Want to understand your rights as a student/employee who identifies as having a disability.
- Need guidance on rights and responsibilities concerning disability-related accommodation.
- Are interested in:
- Attending a workshop to learn more about accessibility; and/or
- Getting connected to disability-related groups and activities on campus
- Want to get involved with supporting AccessMac.